Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Desktop PC Hardware

Post subject: Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder Spare Parts
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:26 am 

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Hi Scott!

I may be out of luck with a solution to this question, but how will I know if I don't ask? Here's my question...

I have a Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder in an ancient 233Hz MMX computer. I remember it worked splendidly (and I believe it still does), but I've noticed that I've lost the pass-through cable the card came with which allowed me to display the images (movie) on my computer monitor. I also remember there was a dedicated website for RealMagic Hollywood Plus DVD Decoders and their successor (X-Card?) but I neither remember the name of the site or know if it is still in existence. Would you know if it is still possible to obtain this cable or am I going to have to trash the card? Is it possible to create my own cable in order to solve this problem? Is there any documentation still available for the card in the nooks and crannies of the Internet universe?

TIA for you help!

BTW, I initially found the dedicated site from a link in a spot that was not too obvious on http://www.sigmadesigns.com. It was hard to find at the time and I haven't managed to find such a link currently.

Post subject: Re: Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder Spare Parts
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

There is an old review of that card here. The cable in question is a standard DE-15 VGA out to a mini-DIN VGA in. A quick search for "mini-DIN VGA pass-through" turns up a new replacement for only $7.25. Let me know how it works out. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Desktop PC Hardware