Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Desktop PC Hardware

Post subject: Pc Temperatures
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am 

Scott recently I've been reading about people talking about PC temperatures. Only because I had downloaded some programs on my wifes old pc and looking at the temperatures. CPU-Z, Speccy, and SpeedFan. So through some "googling" I've read some guys talking about temperature "sensors" on the motherboard. So I looked up "Temperatures" in the Index of your latest U&R Pcs. I found a small paragraph on temperature "probes" to test the inside temperature of a system but nothing on actual "sensors". Are there physical chips on the motherboard that monitor temperatures?. If not then, how do these software applications know what temperatures to "give to" the software?. I also just skimmed through some of chapter 3 in U&R pcs, particularly the "processor cooling" section. I just can't find anything on sensors.

Could you point me in the right direction?. Maybe it is in your book and I just can't find the section?. If not, could you please add some information on this in your next version of U&R PCs?.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Desktop PC Hardware