Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Desktop PC Hardware

Post subject: Tool Box
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm 

Scott, I have a lot of little "computer tool kits" that I've purchased several years ago. I'd like to be more organized and get a tool box. I have an old Craftsman one that is red and black and made of steel. It's just too damn heavy though. Plus it's not big enough to hold all my tools. I am thinking about getting one or several plastic tool boxes. I'm wondering what type of tool box do you use?. The big metal heavy ones are meant more to be stored in a garage for working on cars. I don't have a garage and a big roll-away Craftsman is impractical. The majority of my little toolkits and extra pc parts I have just thrown in a few cardboard boxes. The rest is in the small steel Craftsman that I have. So I really need to find something more organized.

Post subject: Re: Tool Box
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

I have many different tool boxes; most for automotive work, some for motorcycles and bicycles and at least one dedicated to computers, which happens to be a 22" Craftsman Industrial box made of heavy duty plastic. I bought it close to 40 years ago and it has long since been discontinued but the closest I see now is this: https://www.craftsman.com/products/craf ... on_id=2234

Other than that I would also recommend a box or two with drawers: https://www.craftsman.com/products/craf ... on_id=2234

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm 

Thanks Scott. Sears and Craftsman is what I used in high school auto-tech shop 30 years ago. I had the huge roll-away stacked boxes with wheels on casters. My Dad has that one and I have a little one since I live in an apartment on the top floor. I remember going to the local Sears when I was in high school anytime one of my tools broke and I would just hand them the broken one and they would give me a new one. It was that easy. I'm not sure if things are the same today, especially with Sears retail stores all but gone. Today I'd like to find one with drawers that is durable plastic because it's lightweight. The second link does look like a great size though.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 pm 

Great price on the 4 drawer one you linked. I think I'm sold on that one even though it's steel.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Desktop PC Hardware