Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Special Book/DVD Offers
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:29 am 
Site Admin

I have some special discounted book offers for my loyal readers and members of this forum. These offers include limited numbers of copies of both new and old editions of my books, DVDs, etc. These are from my own personal collection, meaning that I only have a few available, when they are gone, that's it. Each one will be autographed or even personalized as desired. I will keep this post updated as my inventory changes. Current books are normally $15-$30 each, *including* free shipping (USA only), which is less than you can get them from anywhere else (including Amazon), plus I'll sign and/or personalize each one.

For more in-depth details on the books and DVDs, please see: My Current Books and DVDs

Besides the current books/DVD offers listed below, I am also offering signed copies of any older editions for $5 each *including* shipping (USA only). Many people collect the older editions just to get the DVDs, since they contain video training segments that are unique to each edition. If you are a visual learner, I'd recommend all of the URPCs books from the 12th on up, as well as the first editions of URWindows and URLaptops. The $5 offer applies to all of my older books as well, just ask about availability for any that you don't specifically see mentioned here.

If you want any of the books or other items, send an email to forum@scottmueller.com and we will send you the details. Supplies are limited... Thanks!

--------------------
Current Books:
--------------------

*NEW* Upgrading and Repairing PCs 20th Edition, w/~2-hour DVD)

My #1 most popular book (and the best-selling PC hardware book world-wide) is Upgrading and Repairing PCs, currently available in a new 20th Edition that includes an all-new DVD with nearly 2 hours of video training. Price: $30 *including* shipping.

*NEW* CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Cert Guide, 3rd Edition:

Master every topic on both new 2012 A+ exams (with Windows 7 coverage). This book includes a CD with 2 complete sample exams (448 questions) and much more. Price: $25 *including* shipping.

Upgrading and Repairing Laptops, 2nd Edition (w/1.5 hour DVD):

Upgrading and Repairing Laptops is the most in-depth hardware book covering laptops, notebooks and other portable PCs. Upgrading and Repairing Laptops, 2nd Edition includes a unique DVD covering laptop hardware. Price: $20 *including* shipping.

Upgrading and Repairing Windows, 2nd Edition (w/2-hour DVD):

A Windows book with the same "nuts and bolts" feel as well as the comprehensive and detailed coverage as my other Upgrading and Repairing Books. The DVD included with the book covers Vista and XP installation tips and tricks, updating Windows, dealing with product activation, and more. Price: SOLD OUT, please purchase from Amazon instead.

Upgrading and Repairing Servers (w/1-hour DVD):

Upgrading and Repairing Servers includes a DVD showing how to build an inexpensive yet high performance entry-level pedestal or rack mount server from scratch, as well as presentations on the components used to build a server including RAID controllers and drive arrays. Price: $20 *including* shipping.

Upgrading and Repairing Networks, 5th Edition:

Upgrading and Repairing Networks is the most comprehensive, detailed, and yet easy to read book on PC networking, currently available in a 5th Edition. Upgrading and Repairing Networks covers all aspects of networking PCs, from hardware to software, including wireless networking technologies. Price: SOLD OUT, please purchase from Amazon instead.

DVD: Build a PC with Scott Mueller:

My "Build a PC" DVD features two hours of personal instruction on buildiing your own PC from scratch. I show you how to choose the right hardware and put it all together. Perfect for beginners, I take you under the hood to show you exactly how to build a PC right, the first time. Not only is this designed to enable a novice to properly spec. out and build a system from scratch, but it also contains numerous tips, tricks and information for experienced builders as well. For example, one of the segments shows how to deal with FPIO (Front Panel Input/Output) connections that trouble even more advanced builders. Includes a companion booklet. Price: SOLD OUT, please purchase from Amazon instead.

--------------------
Older Editions:
--------------------

Because the DVDs that come with my books are unique and not normally sold separately, many people purchase older editions of my books just to get the unique DVDs! If you are interested in more video training, there are several previous book/DVD combos still available, along with a few other unique video products. Price: $5 ea. *including* shipping.

The 19th Edition book/DVD combo includes a 2-hour DVD with detailed information on PC components including motherboards, processors, chipsets, chassis, and drives. It also features a complete "Build a PC" section that covers building a PC from scratch.

The 18th Edition includes a 2-hour DVD with detailed information on SOHO (Small Office Home Office) networking including routers, switches, network interface cards (NICs), wireless networking, cable/DSL modems, security, setup and more.

The 2-hour DVD included with the 17th Edition hardcover book contains segments on dual-core processors, motherboards, chassis, power supplies, memory and more. It is designed to build upon the 3.5-hour dual-layer DVD included with the 16th Edition.

The 3.5-hour 16th Edition DVD features video segments with detailed instructions for building a complete PC from scratch, including installing the OS and drivers. One of the segments goes into extensive detail on the characteristics for good chassis design and cooling.

If you really like the video training included with my newer books and would like to see more, I would highly recommend these older editions as well:

The first Editions of Upgrading and Repairing Laptops and Upgrading and Repairing Windows are also still available, and each includes unique DVDs that are different from the newer editions.

The 2011 edition A+ book includes a DVD with 2 complete sample exams and much more.

All of the older books/DVDs are $5 ea. *including* shipping. For example, you could get URPCs 18th, 17th, 16th, 15th and 14th together (all with unique training DVDs) for only $25 (that's about $1 a pound <g>).

If you want any of the books or other items, send an email to forum@scottmueller.com and we will send you the details. Supplies are limited... Thanks for your interest, Scott.

Post subject: Re: Special Book/DVD Offers
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

*bumped* - Added new A+ Cert Guide 3rd Ed.
*bumped* - URNetworks 5th sold out.
*bumped* - URPCs 17th sold out.
*bumped* - Build-a-PC sold out.
*bumped* - Added new URPCs 20th Ed and A+ Cert Guide 2nd Ed.
*bumped* - Price reductions for non-current books, and the 19th being sold out.
*bumped* - Found a box of URNetworks 5th, added to current books.
*bumped* - Further price reductions for non-current books.
*bumped* - URWindows 2nd sold out.
*bumped* - Removed minimum order requirement.
Last bumped by Scott on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware