Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: rolling laptop screen
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:43 pm 

Hi All

Does anyone know what would cause a laptop lcd image to scroll horizontally seems to scroll faster with mouse movement also screen is divided into three horizontal sections. This is the second screen i have ordered and installed the last one did this and after talking to seller returned it. This screen now is from a different seller and has same issue. The part numbers match the original. The laptop image is great on external monitor. The cables are attached correctly. I have searched but i must be the only one who has ever experienced this or so it seems. If anyone knows what this could be Please tell
thanks Hollice

Post subject: Re: rolling laptop screen
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm 

Maybe the inverter?...Loose connections maybe?. Also maybe the wiring could be damaged. The wiring from the inverter board may be damaged.....I'd guess the actual lcd isn't damaged at all.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

It's definitely not the inverter, as that would only affect the backlight. If the external connection works then there must be a problem with the internal connection or perhaps the video card. If repairing or replacing the internal connection (cable and/or connectors) doesn't help, then I'd guess that the video card has failed. If it works on the external display connection, then you might want to just use it that way. Let me know the final solution, Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 am 

Perhaps a Driver update?

Some Graphics issues can be solved by lowering the graphics hardware acceleration, not ideal but maybe worth a try?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthepro ... areacc.htm

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:28 am 

This is where I got the idea of the wires from the inverter.Now that I read it closer though I guess it isn't necessarily the wires from the inverter. I also saw on another website where a guy had the same problem but in addition his inverter went bad- most likely I confused the two things I read. He had the same symptoms of the rolling screen but after a few days his screen went black. He replaced the inverter but still had the rolling screen problem.

Hollice, maybe you could upload a video to Youtube and post a link to it here.

Dave, as far as it being a driver issue I don't know, that seems like a stretch.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:55 pm 

HI Everyone.
Thank you for the response. all good ideas. I did update the video driver but no go. I stared at it for a long time and that did not help either. attached and reattached all cables and connectors. The wiring all looks good but its sheathed so who knows, but that is the next thing to try. I will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again Hollice

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware