Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: Panasonic 32GB Card
 Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am 

I am trying to help out our football coaches with an issue that they are having. They are trying to plug in the following card into a laptop and when they do all bluetooth devices and network connections stop working. I am not having luck searching their website or Google. The laptop is a Dell Precision M4400 ST: D4TLVK1 running windows 7 64bit.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/AJ-P2E032XG.asp

Post subject: Re: Panasonic 32GB Card
 Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Did you install the updated driver referenced in the link you provided above? If not, that should solve the problem, if so then the card or laptop CardBus port may be defective. In that case try it in another laptop having a known-good CardBus port (with the updated driver installed of course). Let me know what you find, Scott.

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:19 am 

I installed the latest drivers for that card. But that did not work. If I go into safe mode that seems to work just fine. I have tried on an XP machine and it works and windows 8 machine. I am going to start and disableing startup programs in msconfig. Lastely I did disable Symantec on the machine and that did not work either.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 am 

FYI called Panasonic and they said they would not know were to start and could not help me. So I backed up the computer and started installing everything over again and test during each install. Since the computer is a Dell I downloaded their BlueTooth software and that is what seems to be the issue. Not sure what I am going to do since they want to use both bluetooth mouse and keyboard and this card.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am 
Site Admin

What happens when you use the Bluetooth stack built-in to Windows? That way you won't need the Dell supplied software. For more information see: Connect a Bluetooth device that does not have or require a transceiver

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware