Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: Product to carry around little microSD cards
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:23 pm 

Hi Scott-

I use several microSD cards to in my tablet to move movies and such around. Also I like to keep boot media on them and put them into a USB adapter rather than buy a separate USB flash device for every boot media.

The problem is: how do you store all these little things about the size of a fingernail and keep them organised as well. You can't write anything on them because they're so small. If you put a sticker on them, they won't fit into your device.

I thought a small wallet size spiral type thing with numbered sleeves that you slide the cards into. Then a small index where you could write in something that indexes the numbers to what card is in the sleeve. Several sleeves could be on one page. Then you could just look in your index, leaf to the page that contained the cards number and there you would find it.

Do you know of such a product?

If not, how do you keep your microSD cards organised?

Post subject: Re: Product to carry around little microSD cards
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

If you search you'll find all kinds of SD card cases on the market. I like to write a unique number on each of the cards using a Sharpie marker, then keep an indexed listing in a file of the card numbers and their contents and/or intended use. Scott.

Post subject: Re: Product to carry around little microSD cards
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:12 pm 

I did look myself. I found mostly the type that you have only they are for the larger SDHC cards. I was hoping I could find the type that hold only the smaller microSD cards so that I could hold just one SDHC adapter and a lot of the smaller microSD cards. I figured you would use something like those wallet type holders with some type of indexing scheme. I guess I'll go with the larger SDHC card carriers since that is all that's available. Thanks for responding.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware