Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: Восстановление ThinkPad L520 (5017-AD1)
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am 

Скотт, добрый день. Помогите пожалуйста разобраться по этим вопросам:
1. В школе, где я работаю у преподавателей находятся ноутбуки ThinkPad L520 (5017-AD1), а также настольные системы, многие из которых работают очень медленно. Загрузка занимает около 1,5-2 минуты. На днях мне отдали ThinkPad L520 (5017-AD1), который не мог загрузиться, а сразу выходил на восстановление из скрытого раздела. Тогда я загрузился с помощью последней удачной конфигурации (F8), скопировал все файлы пользователя и очень быстро восстановил ThinkPad L520 (5017-AD1) до заводского состояния. Драйвера уже все были установлены. Но потом с сайта http://support.lenovo.com/ru_RU/downloads/default.page? мне пришлось скачивать и устанавливать по отдельности все обновленные драйвера, а также обновить BIOS посредством ISO образа. На эту работу у меня ушла почти вся ночь. Вот что я обновлял:
1.1. BIOS Update Bootable CD for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad L420, L421 and L520;
1.2. Intel Management Engine Interface driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad;
1.3. Intel Chipset Device Software for Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Vista (32-bit & 64-bit) and XP - ThinkPad;
1.4. Intel Management Engine Firmware for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad;
1.5. Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) - ThinkPad;
Затем я устанавливал все остальные за исключением утилит и исправлений Windows.
У меня такие вопросы: 1. для драйвера видео и звука нужно ли их сначала удалить, а затем установить новые или можно сразу обновлять? 2. Для компьютеров на предприятиях нужно обновлять весь большой список драйверов или можно ограничиться только обновив вручную BIOS, набор микросхем, видео и звук? Либо воспользоваться утилитой Lenovo Think Vantage Tools? 3. Как быть с обновлениями Windows, так как некоторые пользователи принудительно выключают компьютеры во время обновлений Windows, так как не могут дожидаться когда компьютер загрузиться. Можно ли отключить обновления после установки системы, загрузки всех драйверов, установки всех обновлений?
Извините за мое невежество. Евгений.

Post subject: Re: Восстановление ThinkPad L520 (5017-AD1)
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Evgeniy wrote:
Scott , good afternoon . Please help us to sort out on these issues :
1. In the school where I work the teachers are laptops ThinkPad L520 ( 5017 -AD1), as well as desktop systems , many of which are very slow . Loading takes about 1.5-2 minutes . The other day I gave ThinkPad L520 ( 5017 -AD1), which could not boot, and immediately went to the recovery from the hidden partition . Then I booted using the Last Known Good Configuration (F8), copied all the user's files and quickly restore ThinkPad L520 ( 5017 -AD1) to the factory state . All drivers have been installed. But then the site http://support.lenovo.com/ru_RU/downloads/default.page? I had to download and install separately all the updated drivers and update the BIOS through the ISO image . For this work I have gone almost the entire night. That's what I updated :
1.1. BIOS Update Bootable CD for Windows 8 (32 -bit, 64 -bit), 7 (32 -bit, 64 -bit), Vista ( 32 -bit, 64 -bit), XP - ThinkPad L420, L421 and L520;
1.2. Intel Management Engine Interface driver for Windows 7 (32 -bit, 64 -bit), Vista ( 32 -bit, 64 -bit), XP - ThinkPad;
1.3. Intel Chipset Device Software for Windows 7 (32 -bit & 64 -bit), Vista ( 32 -bit & 64 -bit) and XP - ThinkPad;
1.4. Intel Management Engine Firmware for Windows 7 (32 -bit, 64 -bit), Vista ( 32 -bit, 64 -bit), XP - ThinkPad;
1.5. Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (64 -bit), Vista ( 64 -bit) - ThinkPad;
Then I installed all the others except for utilities and fixes Windows.
I have the following questions: 1. drivers for video and sound whether they should be removed first , and then install a new or you can immediately update ? 2 . For computers in enterprises need to update the whole big list of drivers or can restrict manually updating BIOS, chipset, video and sound? Or use the utility Lenovo Think Vantage Tools? 3 . How to deal with updates Windows, as some users forcibly turn off the computer during the update Windows, because they can not wait for when the computer is booting . Can I disable the update after installation , download all the drivers , install all the updates?
Sorry for my ignorance . Eugene .

When updating drivers on ThinkPads I recommend using the ThinkVantage System Update utility, which automates the process of downloading and installing updates. Using that software can save you a lot of time as compared to downloading and installing them manually.

You might also be interested in the Update Retriever utility, which enables you to download updates from Lenovo to a network share repository folder, allowing you to control the updates that are available over your network.

You don't have to uninstall drivers in order to update them, just install the updated drivers or let the System Update utility do it for you.

Technically you only need to update a driver if the update solves a problem you are having. Lenovo publishes detailed information about what fixes are included in each driver update so you can evaluate if you need to install the update at all. In most cases the systems will run fine with the original drivers supplied as part of the factory install, meaning the system would run fine even if you never updated the drivers at all.

For updating Windows you can more efficiently you can turn automatic updating off and do it manually each month (or longer). I would be more proactive about updating web browser or email software than Windows itself, since most if not all exploits would come from the internet or via email.

You can also download Windows updates as executable files on one system, then deploy them manually (or automatically via a script) on others without having to use Microsoft Update on each system. Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:14 pm 

Скотт, спасибо большое за ценную информацию. Евгений

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Evgeniy wrote:
Scott, thank you very much for the valuable information. Eugene

You are welcome, Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware