Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: keyboard missing up
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:18 pm 

My keyboard is acting up.

It works find for a while then it will type the wrong letter and in some cases it brings up a menu etc. I could be online for awhile then just bang start to act up. When I restart the computer it back to normal. I have check for virus etc clean. I clean the keyboard and I also plug in a usb keyboard. and I look in the settings to.

thanks.

The only thing I could think it would be the keyboard that could be dying.

what do you think?

Post subject: Re: keyboard missing up
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

Does the problem occur when using a known-good USB keyboard? If not then most likely the original keyboard is bad. If yes then something is amiss with either the software or other hardware in the system. In that case the next test would be to boot into a completely new software environment such as the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. If the problem still occurs in another software environment then that would further isolate the problem to other hardware in the system, which could be another input device (e.g. mouse, other USB devices) but most likely means the motherboard. Scott.

Post subject: Re: keyboard missing up
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:20 pm 

it is a laptop computer I forgot to tell you. I guess you might knew that. But anyways I think I know what was the cause it is the usb webcam what seems to be the cause I don't know if it was the webcam hardware or the usb port that it was plug into it. or the driver and the software that came with the webcam.

it seems that the laptop keyboard is working so far. I'm also going to check out this one keylogger virus that vipre has found and i'm going to send it to virpre level 4 tech to have them take a look at it and how it can get it remove once and for all it seems to be coming back. I'm wondering if someone is blanking me..

thanks.

have wait for the new book 22 edition what is that going to be out this year. I hope.
I know this is not the right place to ask this but did I hear there is going to be a intel core i10.

I will let yea know when I get to the bottom of this.. going to plug in one usb at a time until I find the bad one that cause the keyboard to flip out lol.. I think the motherboard is fine. this is a laptop computer with windows 7 pro intel core i5 2gb of ram its a hp probok 4730s

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware