Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: when i turn on my laptop computer PART 3
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:06 pm 

Read part 2 Scott thanks.

I did found something that is bad. I ran the Crystal Disk Info and its in the yellow caution.

Health status

Reallocated sectors count

Could this be the cause of it for the computer not to boot up as soon as I press the power button on.

the brand is a Samsung H080HI 80GB hard drive and it is a Sata.

Post subject: Re: when i turn on my laptop computer PART 3
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:53 am 
Site Admin

It is entirely possible for a failing HDD to cause boot failures. What happens when you replace the drive with a known-good spare? Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:42 am 

Quote:
What happens when you replace the drive with a known-good spare? Scott.

What i did i took out the hard drive and the dvd-rom drive out and I also took the keyboard out and the wireless card out.

Now when i turn on the computer it still won't boot up right away I have to hit the power on and off a few time for the computer to turn on once the computer turns on i can power it off and then power it on it boot up right away. but once i wait for an hour so and then come back again it won't boot up right away so i have to hit the power button a few more times.

I also have the new ac adapter tested and it is good and the batter is new so i'm lost do you think the video card might have something to do with it or the cpu could be part bad the ram is good i tested that and it pass I also ran prim 95 on it and it seems to pass ok and I also ran the dell testing software and that pass. But when i press the power button the power button lights up but won't boot up right away like i said before.

Beats the heck of me.

This would make a very good video for you scott to do for the upgrading and repairing laptops and see if you can get it to work on the video. Then everyone would know that your the MASTER king of computer techs.

I found one way to fix it is with a shotgun lol.

I think i'll just stay way from laptop computers that have the black screen of death. lol
or red screen of death to.

thanks

Spiderman.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

It is possible for the RAM to be bad even though it passes tests. The only way to verify for sure is to replace it and re-test. Virtually anything else connected to the motherboard (or the board itself) could also be the cause. I doubt it is the CPU but even that is possible. I would remove and reinstall it to renew the contacts, unless you had an identical or compatible one to use for testing. The more components you can disconnect and still test the system to see if the symptom remains the more you can narrow it down. Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 pm 

I give up on it

going to take it out to my dad's farm and give it a farewell with the shotgun.
going to save the hard drive the dvd-rom the wireless card the screen and the and the heat sink and the fan.

the rest will be done with the shotgun.

maybe even save the lcd screen.

R.I.P
2007-2015. DELL AT 8 YEARS OLD WITH WINDOWS VISTA.

I don't have any other parts like cpu or another video card to try. so i guess i'll just have to let that computer go and

call it the end of the dell laptop computer.....

funeral for the dell laptop computer
on 8/21/2015
song how great tho art.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Post some before/after pictures if you can! I bet the execution will be quite satisfying. <g> Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:39 pm 

Scott wrote:
Post some before/after pictures if you can! I bet the execution will be quite satisfying. <g> Scott.

So scott you like the blood and the gore huh lol.. Just before the execution I'm going to yell compute this ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Yeah I'll post some photos of them on here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Over the years I've encountered several computers I've wished to execute in that manner. Most of the time it was due to Microsoft and/or Adobe software instead of the hardware. But I still wanted the hardware to suffer since you don't get much satisfaction from blowing up a CD, and even less from deleting a file. <g> Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm 

Scott wrote:
Over the years I've encountered several computers I've wished to execute in that manner. Most of the time it was due to Microsoft and/or Adobe software instead of the hardware. But I still wanted the hardware to suffer since you don't get much satisfaction from blowing up a CD, and even less from deleting a file. <g> Scott.

I know this is might not be the cause of why the computer is not booting up right away but I have replace the cpu and I also replace the memory a few times didn't help. now I just wondering does the video card can that cause the computer not to boot up right away. I just want to know before I take the computer apart. two more things I can still try is a new video card and go and get a new pack of ram if I can still find DDR2 so-dimm memory boards. the other memory and the memory I have in it could still be bad. when I press the FN and the power button the lights blink and i'm not sure that that means. some people say it is the memory and other say replace the cmos battery but replacing the cmos battery does not make the computer boot up like those other umm i'm trying to be nice and not call them you know what startting with a J and end with S... I just wish I knew what those blinking lights are.
yes I know the hard drive is going out but I ran hard drive test on it I also ran the chkdsk and no errors were found. I really like that computer and with windows vista. I love windows vista over windows 7. but I like windows 7 over windows 10 any day.

just to let you other people know about gmail.

please read this you guys might want to change your e-mail passwords if you have a gmail account.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... sword.html

Just click on the link above. I think that hack can also happen to yahoo mail as well if you have a yahoo account change your password.

thanks
Scott for the help.

SPIDERMAN.

Just a thought What would you do if someone brings your a computer that has a black screen of death.

For me I would just tell them to buy a new computer or offer to build them a new computer if it is laptop computer I would tell them go and get a think pad T420 or a T550 with windows 7 pro 64bit or a T450.

let me know if the video card might be the cause of the computer not booting up

I do get a display after I press the on and off button a few times and only with the battery in it won't boot when I have the new AC adapter plug in. this is a weird on i know. I thought I seen it all.

If it not the video card and not ram then I'll burn your books lol just kidding.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

It might be the motherboard or anything connected to it including the video, RAM, HDD, etc. Scott.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:08 pm 

Scott wrote:
It might be the motherboard or anything connected to it including the video, RAM, HDD, etc. Scott.

But three motherboards being bad. I guess I'll have to order a video card and try that and see if that is not it then i'll try the ram next if that don't work shotgun all ways works lol <G> I also try also try another cpu that what not yet. But three motherboards being bad weird.

I think that hard drive can be fix with a low level format maybe.

thanks again.

can't wait for the replacement video card to come in to try that and after that try brand new ram after that shot the computer and post pics on here before and after. maybe i'll just do a youtube video and post it online lol and show dell what a sucking computers they build.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:17 pm 

I have came to a clue that it is the video card that is going bad. I have to do one more test just to make sure. What I think it is doing that the video card is not loading the display right away What i'm going to do is unplug the laptop screen from the motherboard and plug in a monitor into the VGA port and just to see if that is it. I think it would be it because there is nothing more that could be wrong with it.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware