Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: Speed test of my HDD on the T420 thinkpad
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:39 pm 

This hard drive is 7200 RMP on this should is I am not sure on how to read the speed test I have the two test I done on my hard drive on my T420 lenovo thinkpad. Another thing that is bugging me about the SSD is can you use the hard drive like the HDD or do you need both and keep the O/s on the SSD and keep data on the HDD or can you keep the o/s and the data on the same SSD.

Another think before I go and buy a new SSD drive What should I get cause I don't know what the sata speed is on this laptop motherboard is it sata I or II or III I also heard that there is soon going to be a sata IIII

Another thing I know I ask you this before scott and i am sorry to say this again. Will windows 7 pro 64 bit disable the defrag and what do i need to do to enable Trim in windows 7 pro.
What i am going to is clone this hard drive on to a SSD. I know I don't have any viruses or maleware or any other stuff on here and I know windows 7 pro is stable. I just don't want to go though all the BS of redownload all the windows updates and drivers again.
When I do a clone that is everything and all bits of data and software is coping on to the SSD I have not done this before so this is new to me.

Thanks for the help.
I trust you more then I do carey holzman.

Attachments:
disk info 2018 lenovo T420 thinkpad.PNG
disk info 2018 lenovo T420 thinkpad.PNG [ 93.42 KiB | Not viewed yet ]
speed test of HDD 2nd test 2018.PNG
speed test of HDD 2nd test 2018.PNG [ 52.32 KiB | Viewed 2 times ]
Disk speed of my HDD from T420 Lenovo thinkpad.PNG
Disk speed of my HDD from T420 Lenovo thinkpad.PNG [ 52.42 KiB | Viewed 2 times ]

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware