Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: Acer TravelMate 4080 Laptop PC
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:30 pm 

Dear Sir,
As a result of an Incomplete Upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 8 because my Laptop PC did not meet the complete Hardware requirement (My PC Pentium M Microprocessor doesnt support PAE and NX bit) to Install Windows 8, I now always get the following Error Message each time I tried to login to Windows. Although am still eventually able to login to Windows, please Sir how can I Stop my Acer TravelMate 4080 Windows 7 PC (BIOS I think) from writing this Error message to the Display at Power-On. I have tried to run Startup repair Option, did bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /rebuildbcd on the Startup Command Line it has all got to no avail. Please Sir, kindly help me
on the Step to solve this Problem once and for all preferably without PC formating and re-installing Windows.

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click "next."

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \$WINDOWS.~BT\Windows\system32\Winload.exe

Info: The application or operating system couldn"t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

ENTER = OS Selection

Sir, if I am to replace my Acer TravelMate 4080 Laptop PC Intel Pentium M Microprocessor with another Intel Pentium M Microprocessor
that support 4GB Physical Address Extention (PAE), NX Bit and SSE2 Instructions that Windows 8/8.1 requires
and that is also Electrically and Physically Compatible with Socket 479 mPGA, Core Voltage ID (Core VID) of 0.9998 etc that
CPU-Z reports which Intel Pentium M Microprocessor should I choose Sir?

Another problem with my Acer TravelMate 4080 Laptop PC is that each time I format the PC and reinstall Windows 7 afresh, .mp4 and .mov types of Videos doesnt used to play properly. It will just be crackling the Voice and Images somehow, but those Video Files play perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime+ Android 6.0 SmartPhone.
Please Sir kindly help me with a Solution to this Problem as well.

Then each Time I press the PrtSc key on the Acer TravelMate 4080 Laptop PC,
I will have to go and be pasting the copied Screen Image to Windows Paint before I can eventually have he Laptop PC Screenshot. Please Sir, kindly help me with a Solution that the moment I press PrtSc key on the Acer TravelMate 4080 Laptop PC Keyboard, the Screen Image automatically get saved into the Documents Folder or Pictures Folder.

Then Sir, you told me sometimes ago that the 3rd Edition of your Book Upgrading and repairing Microsoft Windows wouldnt be out untill probably Windows 10 Time.
when will it be out now Sir since Windows 10 is now available?

Attachments:
Mainboard Information from CPU-Z.png
Mainboard Information from CPU-Z.png [ 125.67 KiB | Viewed 385 times ]
CPU Information from CPU-Z.png
CPU Information from CPU-Z.png [ 121.59 KiB | Viewed 385 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Acer TravelMate 4080 Laptop PC
 Post Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

I believe that system came with XP. If your system doesn't support Windows 8 then I recommend installing Windows XP or Windows 7 from scratch. Unfortunately at this point so far the next edition of URWindows is not yet in development. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware