[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs Forum • View topic - Laptop overheating.
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware

Post subject: Laptop overheating.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:48 am 

Hello scott and Mike

Scott you might know me from a Batch file sfdelay on a Aleinware Laptop area 51 5550 hotpocket. I know it sounds like a broken record.

Just to update you. I sent the laptop back 2 times and had a tech come to the house.

Frist time they replaced the heatsink Fan and Gpu.

Second Time they sent out a tech to the house he put a ton of articsilver 5 on it. I told the tech about the gap and he did not listen. I email articsilver on this issue. Well like me there not to happy on this issue.

Third time I told them I m sending it back They replace the heatsink.
On March 8 I had the laptop back.

I also Upgraded the bios 3 times from 2.03 2.04 2.06.

I ran sp2004 had speedfan to monitor the temp and the gpu temp open. Guess what it still overheated turn off. The fan never kick on.

There going to pick it up again. With all the research I did. useing upgrading and Repairing Laptops 1 and 2. I think the problem of the laptop is chipset. When I talk to the tech on March 9. He started we can try to replace the gpu. I was like that already been done. I told him what do you think of the chipset. Well that a possabilty we can try that. They will change the motherboard. Pritty bad when someone has to tell a company what to do.

I am also looking to go after this company and try to get a full refund on a fualty system. If you have any ideas. Let me know. Some people say small claims court.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:04 am 

Update.

Alienware found out I was not going to keep a laptop that could not control it fan. By the second time I sent it back. I already known it was the motherboard and not the heatsink or video card. Upgrading and Repairing PC 17 edtion and Upgrading and Repairing Laptops 1 and 2. With the help of Scott Mueller batch file. Spdelay. Also useing sp2004 and core temp, Geforce go temp and Speedfan temp to understand the main problem. Running a high end game. The batch file would kick on and cool the system. But the fan would not slow down. Unless I restart Speedfan.

Now I have a laptop that running 100% with no Problems. I do want to point something out to everyone.

If you have to send the laptop more then one time. Send a copy of the Repair from the last time. Here why. They had the laptop for the frist repair receipt to the 4th Not counting the tech who came to the house. So 3 Heatsink/fan replaced. They basicly turn the computer on. watch it over heat. then go ok it the heatsinkfan.

If I had the power to repair it my self with out voiding the warrntee. I would of ask to replace the motherboard and charge it to alienware for it.

1 repair receipt Video Card, CPU Fan/Heatsink
2 Tech who came out to the house.
3 Repair receipt CPU Fan/Heatsink
4 Repair Receipt CPU Fan/Heatsink
5 Repair receipt Motherboard. Fix

It pritty bad when they could of keep it a few more days on the frist problem or second and had it fix.

I do want to say thank you Scott Mueller.

Dennis Law

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Laptop Hardware