Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Printer sharing bug
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 pm 

On a Clients garage system (You might like em they repair anything from a Morris Minor to a Renault Alpine!!!)

They use a system called Auto In Touch which is a managment system for vehicles, including job cards invoices Accounts whole 9 yards

Anyway the software runs off a "server" (not very good the CPU fan wire was stuck in the fan a while ago causing a "flicking" noise lol

Anyway the AIT database uses two network attached printers (both on IP ports) to print, recently whilst replacing their router for a Billion 7800n (good spec router) I added a USB Sharp AM300 Printer to the "Upstairs2" machine and shared it to the network.... Well that was the plan, instead I run the Network setup wizard and it automatically shared all the printers even though the others computers already had them set up via IP port.

The AIT would not print on "Upstairs2" any more hence a call to the mfr of AIT turns out even though I had disabled sharing of the printers that "Upstairs2" had connected to you also have to blank the box (Printer name)

I wonder if this is a know bug but I help it helps ppl with network printer sharing

p.s Sorry Evan didn't get a chance to do screeines, I might get a chance when I make another visit (going to install a workshop PC for them soon)

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS