Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: do the sp3 install
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 am 

I forgot here do the sp3 install IE8.0?

Post subject: Re: do the sp3 install
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Windows XP SP3 does not include IE8 or IE7, although it does include updates to both IE6 and IE7, and it will update whichever of those versions is already installed. Here is a list of updates included in SP3 for XP. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 pm 

This is why I don't support SP2 computers! Don't forget that there are many updates since SP3 also.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 pm 

Sorry scott I meant IE7.0.....

later..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 pm 

Cyber, Scott, and Dave,
I finally got some got results on a problem that I posted on Dec 11th at 3:16PM. This was concerning my laptop crash while in the process of defragmentation. My results might be relevant to this subject.

After finishing the clean install, I had to install SP3 (WXP/Pro), which I did. It took me quite a while. Now this was my FIRST (99%) clean install, so I didn't know what to expect. However, after restarting, then opening, I rcvd a notice of downloads ready to install. So I clicked on it: It was Internet Explorer 8 asking to be downloaded. I couldn't resist, as I was going to TRY to download IE7 anyway. (It took seven minutes). I hope this might be relevant.

Now I'll try to find my post of Dec 2009. (Also, I am now using that HP NC4010 that the crash occurred an IE8 came down the tube.
Walt

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:13 pm 

waltlip Is microsoft great lol....
Did you know that Adobe flash player is making it so that Internet explorer not to respond and also causing the yahoo messenger for the web to lag and also at the sametime causing internet explorer not to respond. I don't know what microsoft change in internet explorer to cause adobe flash player to crash internet explorer. I have reset the internt explorer and I also uninstall using the uninstall flash player software and after the uninstall i reboot both computers and then ran the uninstaller again just to make sure it remove the addons from the internet explorer. It don't matter if it is IE7.0 or IE8.0 it's the same the adobe crash both of my computers on the desktop I have windows xp pro and on my dell laptop computer I have windows vista basic.
I guess like everyone else that install adobe well have to wait for a fix from adobe and Microsoft explorer.... and it don't matter if I ran firefox with adobe flash player install it still crash firefox and other browers as well. I just never seen a software like adobe flash player that ticks me off other then Norton software.
I also talk to oher people they did a clean install and still have adobe flash player crash IE.
what tells you that adobe flash player the newest one has bugs in it and seems to me that IE7.0 and IE8.0 have bugs in it or they change something around in IE to cause this. I have send Microsoft the bug report.

I hope next week the monthly updates got a fix for this.
or other wise i'm going to get a MAC computer yest soctt you heard me right <g>
Maybe and MAC-thinkpad <g>

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 pm 

OEM Versions of WinXP include a very old version of flash.

you need these :)

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... player.exe

And the latest Version of flash (or just remove the old one)

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashpl ... yer_ax.exe

Note that Adobe (and other companies) love "Downloader" programs rather than just the "meat" of what you are trying to get. So by just going Adobe's site the link to just DL the Flash with out the Bloatware downloader is now hidden on the page :(

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashpl ... yer_ax.exe

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 pm 

I'm not understanding you.

I have windows xp pro sp3 I have the latest version of Adobe flash player and Adobe Shockwave player on both of my computers I have winodws xp pro on my desktop computer and I have windows vista basic on my dell notebook computer both computer lag sometimes in the yahoo messenger yes I use the adobe flash player uninstaller etc.

I don't know if it is adobe or the yahoo messenger for the web or if it is internet explorer. everything was working good until I did the new adobe flash player update and the new adobe shockwave player update as well.
none of the other add on's are not the cause I have enable on at the time and still. got the lag in yahoo messenger for the web and it cause the windows xp IE7.0 to not to respond.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS