Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Invalid field in parameter list?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm 

I've been trying to burn a movie for a friend, but right after MyDVD finishes decoding the video this error message shows up and the disc is ejected. I've tried to covert the original video file (an AVI file) into other video file types (WMV, MPEG and MPEGII) but I still receive the same error. Now, my friend did ask my to use a dual layer DVD and he also asked me to convert the in high quality. I know that DVD/CD burner is capable of burning dual layer disc, so I don't think it is the problem (but I could be wrong), any ideas?

Attachments:
MyDVD.JPG
MyDVD.JPG [ 11.34 KiB | Viewed 732 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Invalid field in parameter list?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:48 pm 

Have you tried burning any other video files to the same disc or tried the same video file on another disc? Basically you need to figure out if it is the file, the disc, or the program. The best approach is to try a different brand disc and/or a different video file if you know that the program works. Be sure to do some research on your particular software and hardware and whenever possible use high quality discs (generally Verbatim brand discs are recommended).

Also, make sure you are using a compatible disc with your burner. Check to make sure if you are using a DVD R/W+ disc that your burner supports "+" discs or if you are using a DVD R/W- disc that your drive supports "-". You've already said that dual layer (DL) isn't an issue but it wouldn't hurt to check on that too.

-Evan

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

That is a MyDVD error, not a Windows problem. I recommend you contact the author/vendor of the program for support. Scott.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:02 pm 

Try using different media. Try burning at a slower speed. Try updating the firmware for your optical drive. Otherwise contact MyDvd support.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS