[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs Forum • View topic - Odd sizes for font and desk top icons in Windows 7 pro
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Odd sizes for font and desk top icons in Windows 7 pro
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:51 am 

Hi Scott,

I have a strange problem with the sizes of the mouse pointer, desktop icons and start menu and task bar in the Windows 7 Pro I am using.

I still use XP Home and to the best of my knowledge , after an install, the graphics, fonts etc are all sized automatically and are at 100% normal size and all in proportion.

With Windows 7, I find that at 100% the task bars , menus and desk top icons are much smaller and in different ratios of size compared to windows xp home.

I have tried to fix this and have currently set the size at 125% to approximate the size as it appears in XP but still find menus etc smaller and its really annoying.

Is there anything I can do to correct this? I would be very grateful for your advice.

Thank you

Regards

Paul

Post subject: Re: Odd sizes for font and desk top icons in Windows 7 pro
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:31 am 
Site Admin

You can always go back to using XP! <g>

I haven't actually done that much "digging around" in 7 but will be doing so in the near future.

Mike

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 am 

Possibly just reset the theme in display properties?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 pm 

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your advice and directions and to the others who replied. I will follow your recommendations. I thought that there may be slight differences in size between XP and Windows 7.

Regards

Paul

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS