Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: enabling a window or icon
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:30 am 

I find that periodically I am unable to make a window or icon live with the click of a mouse. The mouse cursor moves freely on the screen but doesn't activate anything on screen. The only way around this is if I ctrl-alt-del and click 'cancel' then everything is back to normal. It happens quite a lot but otherwise the PC works well.
Adrian

Post subject: Re: enabling a window or icon
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:27 am 
Site Admin

What system (please include a link)? What OS and service pack level? When was the OS installed? What software has been installed on the system?

Most likely it is caused by software that is running in the background, especially things like anti-malware software (much of which is almost as bad as the malware it supposedly protects you from). What happens when you disable or uninstall all of the anti-malware software on the system?

Of course it could also be malware, are you sure the system is malware-free? If you aren't sure, then you should go to a forum that offers assistance with malware removal (we don't do that here) such as the SpywareInfo or BleepingComputer forums. Let me know what you find, Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS