Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: System Health Report Error Win 7
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:38 pm 

Hi Scott Every time I try to run the system health report I get the following error

The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out. This is on WIN 7 Ultimate 64 bit Can you help me with this warm regards, Ron Hudak

Post subject: Re: System Health Report Error Win 7
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 am 
Site Admin

I have a few questions:

• Has Service Pack 1 been installed? What about all other updates since?
  • Has the problem always occurred, in other words have you ever successfully run a health report?
  • If the previous answer is yes, then when was the report last run successfully, and more importantly what has changed on the system since then? What happens if you undo those changes?
  • What happens when disable or uninstall any anti-malware or 3rd party firewall/security software?
  • I've seen problems where the system accumulates too many older reports, what happens when you delete the \Perflogs folder?

If none of this helps, you might want to try a clean install. For example, I've heard of this being a common problem if Windows 7 was installed as an upgrade over Vista. Let me know what you find, Scott.

Post subject: Re: System Health Report Error Win 7
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 am 

Hi Scott Service Pack 1 has been installed and all other updates since then. This is the first time I have tried to run the system health report. I tried un-installing Malwarebytes Anti- Malware and paused Kaspersky Internet Security and the\Perflogs folder is empty and I still get the same error message. When I installed Win 7 it was a clean install not an upgrade. This really isn't a big problem because I can still run Lenovo's System Health & Diagnostics but it just bugs me when some thing doesn't work the way it should. Much thanks for your help and time. warm regards, Ron

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS