Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Slow shut down Win Vista!!
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 pm 

Hi Scott, need some help I have got a slow shut down on my laptop Im running Vista O.S anything i can do to improve this please... :)

Post subject: Re: Slow shut down Win Vista!!
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

You'll find many tips on improving shutdown speed in the following article: Eliminating Windows shutdown delays

Note that the UPHClean program mentioned in the article is redundant for 7/Vista, but most if not all of the other tips would apply.

Since shutdown delays are often caused by Windows "Rot", lengthy shutdown delays may indicate that it is time for a reload.

Also note that when using a laptop one would normally use sleep mode instead of fully shutting the system down. The system should be able to sleep and resume from sleep in only a few seconds, a significant time savings over a full shutdown and restart. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:36 pm 

Thank you Scott for your Help. I bought your book Upgrading and Repairing PCs 19th Edition really enjoying it. I recently completed a course in Cisco I.T Essentials PC Hardware and Software, Im planning to build my own PC and would eventually like to take it up as a Career although my interest is Networking but this is the best place to start.

If you a have any Tips that would be great! do you have any more DVDs with more detail in buliding a PC and also installing Windows Operating System that i could buy.

Thanks

Declan

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the kind words! I have many more PC building and Windows tips in the DVDs that came with some of my older editions, many of which I offer highly discounted here. Each DVD is unique, and they all offer a lot of in-depth material. Thanks for your interest, and if you have any PC building questions feel free to start a new topic in the forum. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS