Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Installing Windows XP on a new PC
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:50 pm 

I bought a new desktop PC and the technician told me the computer does not allow Windows installation, other than Windows 7. He said the driver does not accept Windows XP installation. Is this true that there is such a thing as a driver that does not allow Windows XP installation? How can I possibly install Windows XP without having to buy another PC? I thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Installing Windows XP on a new PC
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Email wrote:
I bought a new desktop PC and the technician told me the computer does not allow Windows installation, other than Windows 7...

He lied. <g> I don't know of any new desktop PC on which you cannot install (and get drivers for) Windows XP. For example, at this writing the latest motherboard chipset from Intel is the Z68 Express, and Intel clearly provides Windows XP drivers for that chipset.

I install XP on new systems all the time, and one thing I recommend that makes things go much more smoothly is to build an XP install disc with some or all of the necessary drivers fully integrated. The best way to do this is to use the DriverPacks. Using a disc with the drivers pre-integrated makes installing XP on newer hardware a breeze. For more information see the DriverPacks beginner's guide, as well as the DriverPacks forums. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS