Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: No Sound from Rear Speakers While Watching Live TV
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am 

I'm running Windows 7 and I have no sound from the rear speakers while I'm watching live TV in Media Center. I've went through all the trouble shooting steps I can think of, I have made sure that Media Center is setup to utilize 5.1 speakers. I have also checked over Creative Console Launcher, I made sure the X-Fi CMSS-3D settings are enables and that "Upmix Mode" set to "Stereo Surround", and also that the "Stereo Envelopment" is set to 50% between the front and rear speakers. I even checked the speaker connections and they are connected properly. Anybody have any other ideas? I have noticed that if I lower the volume on either the front Channels (left or right) I will get sound from both rear speakers, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

Post subject: Re: No Sound from Rear Speakers While Watching Live TV
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Usually the rear speakers won't be making much noise when watching TV/Movies. They should only be making noise when you should be hearing things that are behind you, as in effects during the program that you are watching. Many people want the rear speakers to be on all the time but you don't want to be hearing a person talking behind you when you're looking at them on the television in front of you.

Mike

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS