Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: backup and restore center help
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm 

Backup and Restore Center keeps appearing in my Start Menu's recent programs list even though I never run it.

after i install vipre the backup and restore center keep on appering in my start menu reecent programs list. I have windows vista basic.

Is there any software that could be doing this I have contact vipre and they said it is windows thing.

This is what I have that could cause this
Adobe flash player
shock player
java

Post subject: Re: backup and restore center help
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

If after installing VIPRE the Backup and Restore Center now appears in your recent programs list (but it never did before), then that would indicate it is most likely caused by something that VIPRE does. What happens after you uninstall it?

I currently recommend Malwarebytes free and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) instead. Scott.

Post subject: Re: backup and restore center help
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 am 

I paid $100.00 for vipre lifetime support but I did found out why the backup and restore center keep poping up everytime I go into the control panel then I go and click on the start button then it right there again. Scott have any idea of why it does that and how to stop it from doing that.

I have windows vista home basic 32bit.
I don't have it setup to do backup I never use it. I manual backup my personal data.
at least I found out why it was doing that. and it not running.

and those other two programs I well never install them on my computer again. I got a virus lookslike.win32.sire.fef. (V) trojan and both of them didn't find it and AVG never found it when I install vipre it found it. Before i install vipre. I found that virus on my own and i was not sure if it was a virus until i ran vipre once it was remove from my computer it speed it up it run faster then when it was new. no more free software for me.....

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS