Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: ie 9
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 pm 

internet explorer 9 blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors

When I try to sign into my yahoo account I get the above errors. I never seen this before.
then there is a botton said show content and a grey x next to it.

I have windows vista 32 bit basic I have try google it and still can't find an answer to fix this. This is the 2nd time it came up.

Could this be my computer or the yahoo sever acting up something else that i'm not aware of. The first time when I shut down my dell laptop computer and then restarted then it was fine. I don't want to do a clean reinstall of vista just yet. I want to make sure that I have all the same settings and security as I do on this computer for the new one.

I have my windows all up to date.

I'm also looking for a new laptop computer as you can tell to replace this one.

Post subject: Re: ie 9
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 pm 

update weird but it seem to fix it for some reason. When I delete the temp files in IE and then did a hard drive clean up then when I sign into yahoo that error is gone. So whatever i did it fix it for now.

I have my date time and year right.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update. It might have just been a temporary glitch. In any case, I'm glad to see that it is working properly now. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:56 pm 

Scott wrote:
Thanks for the update. It might have just been a temporary glitch. In any case, I'm glad to see that it is working properly now. Scott.

I spoked too soon.
that error is back again. I don't know why it work then when I sign back in to yahoo again it shows that same error again.

So I don't know if it my computer yahoo end. I don't get it on anyother sites that I know of.

I never change any settings in IE 9.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Does the problem happen on another system running IE9? Does it happen using Firefox? I generally recommend using Firefox over IE, especially since Microsoft won't allow XP or Vista users to have the latest version. Scott.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am 

I just don't get this at all

internet explorer 9 blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors

When I restart my computer again then that error go away bit then when I logout of yahoo then sign in again then is show this error internet explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. then I try again by hitting the f5 key the only thing it works is by restarting the computer again then that error goes away until the next time I try to sign in to yahoo again.

This never happen before unless my cmos batt is going. it still keep the time and date and year ok.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 pm 

Quote:
Does the problem happen on another system running IE9?

yep and i also try google brower too. i can't get to the firefox website it give me that error too for some reason.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

I've seen this problem caused by missing updates (make sure the latest Windows Updates are installed), the clock not being set correctly (make sure it is set properly), overly-aggressive anti-malware software (disable or uninstall it), improper or aggressive security settings in IE (go here and run the Fix it to reset IE), malfunctioning Add-ons (restart IE in "No Add-ons mode"). Let me know if any of these are the cause of the problem in your case. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 am 

still working on it.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm 

I have try both of them

Quote:
IE (go here and run the Fix it to reset IE), malfunctioning Add-ons (restart IE in "No Add-ons mode")

What I think it is it is yahoo that is messing up. Somedays it works just fine and other times it gives me that error.

I'm about to uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8.0
Or nothing else just do a clean reinstall.

This computer been though a lot.
I have replace the screen I also had to replace the video card and also replace the keyboard.

So I still don't know if it is my computer acting up or if it what I think it is yahoo.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS