Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Error canon quick menu stopped working
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:27 pm 

Printer is a canon model MX490 wireless and usb
I just did a clean install of the software and drivers and I now get this error popping up
Canon quick menu stopped working.

any help I have also google it and there is no help on how to fix it and windows could not find a fix for it. I have uninstall it this a few times and reinstall it again I uninstall the printer drivers and everything else that it install and I also remove the dir canon and that did not help.

here the description stopped working and the problem signature.
I have windows vista home basic 32bit 2gb of ram
when I install the cd on my hp it works just fine hmmm

Attachments:
canon error.PNG
canon error.PNG [ 127.42 KiB | Viewed 362 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Error canon quick menu stopped working
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 pm 

Spiderman, I found this for you,

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Print ... td-p/73190

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:41 pm 

FatGuy wrote:

hey fatboy I have read that before I even post anything on here about it. I said I have google it on google and I read a few forums about it but it not to what the problem I am having.

Scott how do I go about repairing that Kernel32.dll file. Do I need to copy it from the cd to the hard drive or what. I have uninstall the drivers and remove the canon dir and I also remove the canon from the reg and reboot the computer and then reinstall the drivers again and it does the same thing. don't forget the dell laptop is that same computer that had the bad video card and I fix that card and it is working great now. Maybe cause I was having problems with the video card before it could cause that file to go bad is that the case by not able to shut down the computer from that start menu. hmmm.... If this was a easy fix then I wouldn't have to post anything in asking for help.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
...how do I go about repairing that Kernel32.dll file.

I doubt there is any problem with that file but the standard way to repair system files is to use the System File Checker tool. Scott.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm 

Scott wrote:
spiderman wrote:

I doubt there is any problem with that file but the standard way to repair system files is to use the System File Checker tool. Scott.

I ran that sfc /scannow and it found some bad system files and repair them. but I still get that error canon quick menu stopped working. I was wondering if this is the cause of me uninstall java. and cause the cnqmmain.exe cause it to crash.

It's is werid it work find on my hp with windows vista just fine and it has java install on it but i did not install it it came with the computer pre-install on it. and on the dell where the error is it install when i reinstall windows last summer.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:17 am 

Scott wrote:
spiderman wrote:

I got it fix. I did the windows updates and now it is working again. I also did the file checker tool to and it did not find any errors so that is good.

I guess i got most everything else back to the way it was now and that dell laptop computer video card I repair myself I sent you a pm telling how i fix it.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS