[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs Forum • View topic - Problem concerning WMIPRVSE.EXE
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Problem concerning WMIPRVSE.EXE
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 am 

Scott, a process known as WMIPRVSE.EXE too often hogs my CPU. The instance of this process that does so is apparently a child process of SVCHOST.EXE. Is there a good way I can take care of this problem?

Post subject: Re: Problem concerning WMIPRVSE.EXE
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

That program is the , which is part of Windows. Unfortunately problems with . Let me know what ends up solving the problem in your case. Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:53 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 am 
Site Admin

It sounds like malware may still be present. I'd recommend a reload. Scott.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 am 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

I would ask previous customers what they thought. Scott.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:48 pm 

For all intents and purposes, I have solved the problem. It was the software that came with my that was causing WMIPRVSE.EXE to hog a significant percentage of my CPU for a significant period of time upon my reaching the desktop after starting up the system in question. The big reason why I've been concerned is because the problem was evidently interfering with the system's ability to go into Hibernate by itself in the time allotted. I apparently started having this problem early on. Scott, you can thank some people who have brought up Wi-Fi issues on the Internet. Yes, I have uninstalled the problematic software.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for letting us know the solution. For reference I never recommend installing any software (other than drivers) that comes with wireless adapters. Such software is completely unecessary as Windows XP and later includes everything necessary to manage wireless network connections. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:23 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

No, because the Microsoft includes with Windows is unfortunately limited in capability as Microsoft didn't want to pay for the full license for all Windows versions (another bad move for Windows on MS part). One of the reasons I like ThinkPads so much is that they provide a superior to what Microsoft provides. What this means is that unless you have a ThinkPad (or your system mfr. provides a similar full Bluetooth stack) you may need to install the software that comes with your specific Bluetooth device. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm 

What about ?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

Please tell me what it's about. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:56 pm 

The Logitech things generally seem to work OK without Logitech SetPoint. However, SetPoint offers features not provided by the native Windows XP Professional stuff. I had issues concerning the latest version of SetPoint, which I have uninstalled.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS