Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Email question
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:17 pm 

I've got an issue that I'm not sure where to post.

I've had an email address with xxxxxx.net company for a very long time, and it is out there to very many places, and I get quite a bit of my work since I do mostly contract work via this email address.

I also have a PC Repair business on the side that I advertise, and this caught the attention of the Business Sales department of xxxxxxx company. I decided to take them up on their offer of 60 MBps Internet Service (twice the speed of the residential at nearly the same price), with the promise that I could keep my xxxxxx.net email address.

Well, now, I find out, now the the install is done, this is not the case. My 10 email addresses are based on my hosted domain. Once I kill my residential account, so goes my email address.

I'm wondering, but guessing there is no way to redeem something like this.

I sometimes get contacted by people that I've never heard of for work, so, short of re-registering with all the job boards and hoping everything shakes out well, I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm just wondering if there might be another solution that I might not be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Email question
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Here is a good article on the subject: http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_keep_my_ema ... _isps.html

In most cased the only way to keep your existing email address would be to keep the residential account active. Maybe change it to the lowest priced option to reduce the cost. But as the article states if you do close the account and change to a new email address, make it one that YOU own (on your own domain), since that can be yours indefinitely. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS