Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: windows 8.1 internet explorer 11 loosing connection
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:47 pm 

Hi
I had an IP address problem that was cured by reloading Panda. I had about 3 to 4 days of error free connection to the internet and then it has been a case of work for a few hours and then refuse to connect until completing a re start when it works again for a few hours and then drops out.I have tried lots of possible fixes but none have lasted as a fix. Typically it will fail when trying to connect to internet at some point in time or, when trying to move to a different page when already connected to the internet.
Most of the time there is a page stating the fault with a box to find the problem. This usually ends with network diagnostics saying that I should restart the router. Tried that a couple of times with no success but in any case if I try my laptop (wireless) it always connects but it is a slow machine anyway. Also my “smart” tv always connects quickly (via a mains /router connection device, works well). So, probably not the router. Trying Ethernet status says that there is no problem . A couple of times I have had “a problem is presenting the trouble shooter from starting" and this may give 0x80070426/0057.
I have tried the ping function when it is not working and it returns a non connection. I have also tried “fixes” suggested in windows 8 inside out book with no luck except that probably dns is ok.
Any help welcomed

Post subject: Re: windows 8.1 internet explorer 11 loosing connection
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

What happens when you use alternative browsers such as FireFox or Chrome? Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 pm 

I loaded and tried Firefox as a test item and when explorer 11 fails to connect Firefox cannot connect either.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 pm 

penny wrote:
I loaded and tried Firefox as a test item and when explorer 11 fails to connect Firefox cannot connect either.

what is the webiste that you are trying to load penny?

That error code I think its a windows Activation error.

What you could try is a clean install of windows and that should fix it.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

It sounds like it could be a problem with your security software (try disabling it) or possibly a problem with the Microsoft Accound Sign-in Assistant as described here. If that doesn't help and you had malware problems in the past it might be time for a reload. Let me know what you find, Scott.

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 am 

thanks chaps
Spiderman it can fault out at any time when connected via explorer to x or firefox to x. Sometimes I can get a few hours error free and other times only a few mins. The error codes are very rare, 2 times in the last few days. Normally I get internet explore cannot connect to the internet and if I follow the suggested process it ends up with "switch off the router" ete etc. Going to network connections at this point - Ethernet network - (realtekPC1e GBE) - Ethernet status gives IPv4 connections - internet and IPv6 gives no network access - "details" looks normal? and diagnostics says" trouble shooter couldn't identify a problem. Devise manager says that the realtek driver is up to date and there are no problems. I shall try scotts options but I think I did try Panda security disabled once.
tks for now

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS