Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Microsoft works
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:09 am 

Does anyone knows how to get Microsoft works to print more then one copy. I have the version 8.5 and a laser printer it is a canon imageclass D420 and I have the newest driver and I try everything that I could find on google.

If you have this laser printer and you are able to print more then one copy then reply and scott if you know how to fix this please reply too thanks.

I can print more then one copies from notpad wordpad and so on and even open office witch i hate. I also know that it could be a bug in microsoft works to after 4.0.

I have windows vista home.

Post subject: Re: Microsoft works
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 am 
Site Admin

In the D420 Basic Operation Guide on page 4-5 you will see that there are 2 places to specify the number of copies you want to print. The first is in Windows (step 3 on that page), the second is within the printer driver Page Setup window (step 4 on that page). What happens when you change the number of copies in the printer driver Page Setup window? Scott.

Attachments:
pr-pdl_S003_00 (Small).gif
pr-pdl_S003_00 (Small).gif [ 53.42 KiB | Viewed 13684 times ]
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm 

it does the same prints out one copy.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

It might be a bug in the drivers. I'd check to see if you have the latest drivers installed. If the problem persists after that try installing the Printer on another system to see if it works properly or not. If not then that would almost confirm a driver problem and you would need to take it up with Canon. If it works properly on another system then something other than the driver is causing the problem in the first system. Let me know what you find, Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:31 pm 

like I said before scott. I can make copies from other word processors like word pad notpade openoffice. But not in Microsoft works word processor.

and i'm not talking about microsft word. I'm talking about microsoft works word processor. and I have the lastest driver for it.

So could it be a bug in microsoft works word processor.

i hope this clear it up some. Because I don't think its the driver.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
Does anyone knows how to get Microsoft works to print more then one copy. I have the version 8.5...

I noticed that is an older version, the latest is version 9.0. I would install the latest version to see if the problem may have been solved. You might also consider switching to LibreOffice, which has been significantly updated since it was forked from OpenOffice in 2010. Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:10 pm 

Scott wrote:
spiderman wrote:
Does anyone knows how to get Microsoft works to print more then one copy. I have the version 8.5...

I noticed that is an older version, the latest is quote]

I'm not sure how to get microsoft works 9.0. It seems that microsoft never fix that bug from version 4.0 to 9.0 there been people having the same problem only able to print out one page at a time it just don't mater how many copys you put in the copies box or in the driver it justs print only one copy. I understand that microsoft works don't come on newer computers anymore. and i don't see it in the store the 9.0 or newer.

So I guess the Microsoft work word processor has a printer bug of some sort.

oh will i guess.

I have an hp printer too and in the microsoft works word processor it only prints one at a time it don't matter how many i put in the copies box or in the driver it prints one copy at a time.

but i can print in notpade wordpad openoffice etc even in the adobe pdf reader so what gives. hmmm no wonder windows 8.0 sucks. come from long road of bad software from microsoft. bad bad bad........... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe its time to step it up and start using android o/s from google. I alos saw that micosoft is going to released 8.2 as a free update for some users that all ready have windows 8.1.........

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32 am 

Quote:
switching to LibreOffice, which has been significantly updated since it was forked from OpenOffice in 2010. Scott.

Have you gone to that website the libreoffice. I can't read it. I see that openoffice.org is still up. What is the diff between the two.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice. When OO hit version 3.3, most of the developers left and restarted the project as LibreOffice. Thus LibreOffice 3.3 was essentially the same as OpenOffice 3.3 (they used the same open-source code). However since then LibreOffice has been significantly updated, while OpenOffice seems to have had less development overall. Here is a good article explaining some of the differences between them: http://www.datamation.com/applications/ ... ice-1.html

To view the LibreOffice site properly you should use a modern browser such as Firefox. Scott.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm 

Quote:
To view the LibreOffice site properly you should use a modern browser such as Firefox. Scott.

For some reason now it the site view properly in IE9.0 yah..... What I did was click on the compatibility view and reload IE9 and went to the sit and it load......

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:55 am 

Accent Professional is a multilingual word processor. Does LibreOffice offer a multilingual word processor as well?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Maxirad wrote:
Accent Professional is a multilingual word processor.

From what I see Accent Software International ceased to exist around 1999, at which time their web site was taken over by another company offering completely different software. Posting a link to a nearly 20-year old review of long-since defunct software seems peculiar.

Quote:
Does LibreOffice offer a multilingual word processor as well?

Yes. Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 pm 

Just note that LibreOffice can open MS Works files. I use the program to convert to the more Industry Standard .doc (not .docx) format for the greatest chance of reading on many computer systems.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:23 pm 

Scott wrote:
Posting a link to a nearly 20-year old review of long-since defunct software seems peculiar.

Well, Scott, my dad bought Accent Professional software a while ago. However, I couldn't get it to install on one of my household's computers since a supplied registration number wasn't recognized.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

That must have been quite a while ago, but does explain it. Problems like that are one of the reasons that wherever possible I avoid using software that requires activation, registration or any other communications with the mfr. in order to function. Besides the general hassle, if the company disappears then what may have been a perfectly good and useful piece of software becomes useless. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:56 pm 

Scott, what do you think of Apache OpenOffice?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

I recommend LibreOffice instead. Both came from the same original OpenOffice.org code, however LibreOffice has been developed by many if not most of the programmers who wrote the original OpenOffice code plus it has had many more updates and enhancements. Scott.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:11 pm 

The patience of Job. :D

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for noticing. ;)

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS