Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Failed to connect to a windows service
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:26 pm 

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the systems event notification service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn't respond.

I really don't want to use system restore. What else can I do. I have just done the monthly windows updates. I ran into this once before and all I did was restarted the computer. Now when I restarted the computer it still give the message failed to connect to a windows service.

I have windows vista basic.
2gb of ram.

So where do I look for the system event log for details about why the service didn't respond.

thanks

Post subject: Re: Failed to connect to a windows service
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:19 pm 

after I did a hard drive clean up now I don't get that error message again. seems back to that it should be with the right start button and not grey again.

I'm not sure what cause this. But I would like to know scott if you know let me know too. I have look on google and didn't find much help as I try some of them in the past and they didn't work at all mess up the computer even more. like reinstalling windows over windows doing a restore point system restore etc that don't help at all.

will I'm glad it went back to the normal like it should be.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

I don't have any idea what caused (or fixed) it in this case, but if this or other problems are happening and the system hasn't been reloaded in a couple of years or more, then you may want to consider a reload. Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:26 am 

Well,this is 2 months old but may offer a clue, especially if you do not update this PC right away. You may want to check Windows Update history.

Since you are operating the rudimentary Vista Basic on a 2Gb PC I assume it is a netbook, this is max. RAM and the boot drive is very small. Since cleaning out the temp files, etc. produced a 'cure' you might want to check your boot drive space.

If Vista and especially Basic offers an Action Center you might want to look at your Reliability Monitor's (if you have that) timeline.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS