Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 5.1.0.2700
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 pm 

Scott, when it comes to this software, should I leave a check by "Look for other Bluetooth devices"?

Post subject: Re: WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 5.1.0.2700
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

If you want it to automatically discover new devices then yes, otherwise no. Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 am 

Scott, is there any good way to reinstall the software? I ask because I've been having problems with Logitech SetPoint lately. I have used SetPoint with Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser. Unfortunately, SetPoint apparently doesn't accept passkeys anymore from my wireless keyboard or my Logitech MediaPad. SetPoint hooks my wireless mouse up to the system OK, but after I enter a passkey that is automatically generated, it either asks for another passkey that is automatically generated, or it "hangs up." This has happened with more than one version of SetPoint. This has been aggravating since SetPoint 6.61 used to accept passkeys I would type in. Perhaps something used by SetPoint got corrupted due to changes I've made to the main PC I use (adding passwords to user accounts, doing away with passwords to user accounts, etc.). I currently have no version of SetPoint installed. BTW, the system in question has Windows XP Professional.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Normally you can reinstall software without having to uninstall it first, but in some cases you will get the best results by uninstalling first. For help with Logitech software I recommend contacting Logitech, as I don't use it myself. Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 pm 

I've installed a newer version of the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. I am currently using it with Logitech SetPoint 6.61. Things are OK now. Without going into too much detail, let me say that I would not recommend SetPoint 6.65.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS