Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: Windows 7 Black Screen and with Mouse pointer.
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:38 am 

Ya we heard this topic before lol. I have not seen the problem yet but going to my nephew house to repair his.

First I will try disable the Main Graphics and run on his i3 graphics chip see if I can get anywhere with the issue. If so I will uninstall Ati Driver and reinstall or replace the new gpu if needed.

If that not the issue. Then I know it has something to do with Task Manager and software not starting. What should I do to correct the problem other then try windows Repair from the windows cd? Any Manual fixes? I don't think he has any restore points.

Other thing I might try is use my usb Docking Station scan for virus and Malware and maybe move file from one computer with windows 7 to another.

If everything Fails then reinstall windows On a new Hard drive so the kid doesn't have a heart attack about losing all of his stuff. Shesh 12 year olds are bad.

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Black Screen and with Mouse pointer.
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like a good plan. Restore points are automatically created so there should be several available. If his "stuff" is important I would educate him about backups. Scott.

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Black Screen and with Mouse pointer.
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:37 am 

Epic Fail on this one. Before going to my nephew I pick up a 1tb hard drive and docking Station. I tried everything. Nothing worked so ended up reinstalling windows. Note. I left the old windows hard drive untouched and unplugged. His dad or nephew did not keep any backups.

Few thing for people to remember. If you're working on someone computer. Have Major drivers downloaded before you get to their house. It would save me a hour worth of downloading if I had the AMD Graphics drivers on a usb flash drive first.

He is having Wireless Connection Dropping. But I think it due to slow connection on Time Warner’s Road Runner connection. combine with. 3 Laptop, 2 Cellphones, 1 Ipod, 2 Tablet and 2 Desktops a few Consoles. being use on one Router and someone using it to watch movies or videos.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS