Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: where is the link on this website to download the
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:50 am 

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Where do you find the link to download the ultimatebooted. I'm not sure where to download it from?

Post subject: Re: where is the link on this website to download the
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:45 am 
Site Admin

You click on the link on the left under Table of Contents where it says "Download UBCD". That page then presents a torrent link as well as multiple links to download the ISO directly. For the latter make sure the link you ultimately select is for the latest version... Scott.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:17 am 

Scott wrote:
You click on the link on the left under Table of Contents where it says "Download UBCD". That page then presents a torrent link as well as multiple links to download the ISO directly. For the latter make sure the link you ultimately select is for the latest version... Scott.

Which website link do you download it from? and what is torrent is it some kind of software that need to be download before download the ultimatebootcd ISO file.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
Which website link do you download it from?

I downloaded it from "Older Geeks": http://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=242

Quote:
...and what is torrent is it some kind of software that need to be download before download the ultimatebootcd ISO file.

As an alternative to a direct download (such as from "Older Geeks" or other file hosting sites) you can download the ISO via the BitTorrent file sharing protocol. This involves downloading a small torrent file, which is then processed by a BitTorrent client that downloads the file from multiple seeders in a peer-to-peer (P2P) network.

Basically using a Torrent allows somebody (such as the author of the UltimateBootCD) to share or distribute large files using the BitTorrent peer-to-peer (P2P) protocol without having to provide or pay for bandwidth. Some software and media are only distributed via Torrents while others use public file hosting sites, currently the UltimateBootCD uses both methods. Scott.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:48 am 

on the ubcd when i try to run the f-port and when it try to update the virus definitions it won't. I have it connect to the internet because I can logon to the web though it on firefox.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:32 am 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
on the ubcd when i try to run the f-port and when it try to update the virus definitions it won't.

CDs are read-only so updates like that won't normally work. You can create a customized UBCD with newer definitions or install the UBCD on a USB flash drive, which may solve that problem. I recommend you consult the UBCD site and forum for more information about customizing the UBCD or booting it from a USB flash drive. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS