Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: BSOD
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm 

Hi Scott A day after upgrading to Win 10 Home 64 bit on my T550, when I boot I get a BSOD error saying A Critical Process Has Died and then I have to re-boot. I have all the drivers installed. I'm having a hard time getting all the Windows Updates downloaded and installed. Some make it and some fail. Do you think a clean install would solve it ? dak

Post subject: Re: BSOD
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

I would never recommend or perform for myself an upgrade install. Let me know what happens after a clean install. If that doesn't help then I would consider sticking with Win7. So far I cannot recommend Windows 8 or even 10, and am recommending all of my clients and customers stay with Win7 or even XP in some cases. Scott.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:38 am 

Scott wrote:
I would never recommend or perform for myself an upgrade install. Let me know what happens after a clean install. If that doesn't help then I would consider sticking with Win7. So far I cannot recommend Windows 8 or even 10, and am recommending all of my clients and customers stay with Win7 or even XP in some cases. Scott.

Hi Scott I did a clean install and no more BSOD. I've always thought upgrading was a flawed idea to begin with. This was the first and last time for that. I only did it because I was worried about activation problems. One other thing I did not have to track down one driver a clean slate in Device Manager. Thanks again for your time. warm regards, dak

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for letting me know, glad the clean install worked! How do you like the T550? Scott.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:04 am 

Scott wrote:
Thanks for letting me know, glad the clean install worked! How do you like the T550? Scott.

Hi Scott I'm living in Fiji for a while and I think the T550 will do well in this climate. I also have a T500 and after 7 years I just had to replace the fan. When I opened it up there was no sign of corrosion and very little dust build up.One thing about the T550 you have to remove the whole base cover to get at the SSD and the memory.I have an Intel 520 in the T500 and a Samsung 850 Pro in the T550 and I would never go back to HD.All in all I'm happy with the T550.Do miss those LED lights right under the display. Win 10 updates giving us some head aches but I guess we're not the only ones.Bye for now warm regards, dak

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS