Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: about the action center did it reaplce the security center?
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:45 pm 

in windows 7 the icon action center did that replace the security center like in windows xp and windows vista icon in the control panel.

Post subject: Re: about the action center did it reaplce the security cent
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yes. Scott.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 am 

Scott wrote:
Yes. Scott.

That what I thought.

I also would like to know why in the heck when doing the windows updates takes for a long time for it to find the updates. It took me about 6 hours for the windows 7 pro to find the windows updates and then downloading them. Is Microsoft severs can't handle people doing the windows updates. I try to do the windows updates last night and I got them instill just before 5:00pm.

There is one reason I like windows 10 is that you no longer need a antivirus software so that is a plus right there.

One thing I hate about windows 10 is the auto updates there is no way to set the windows updates to check and then let me download them when I want to like windows 7 and in windows vista and in windows xp and so on.

Scott I also got your Comptia A+ cert guide book.
I found a place where to take the test
DFC Consultants, Ltd.

I got the third edition is there a 4th edition.

Thanks.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:40 am 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
I also would like to know why in the heck when doing the windows updates takes for a long time for it to find the updates...

That is unfortunately a huge problem on Microsoft's end that it seems unwilling to fix. You can see some tips and tricks to "fix" Windows Update on your own here: http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-upda ... tes-3.html

Quote:
There is one reason I like windows 10 is that you no longer need a antivirus software so that is a plus right there.

I never needed antivirus software on Windows XP or 7 either. ;)

Quote:
One thing I hate about windows 10 is the auto updates there is no way to set the windows updates to check and then let me download them when I want to like windows 7 and in windows vista and in windows xp and so on.

You do have some limited control over updating on Windows 10, and the Professional Edition can be set to defer feature updates as well.

Quote:
Scott I also got your Comptia A+ cert guide book...

Make sure to check what tests you are taking. The 3rd edition and prior covers the 220-801/802 tests, which were retired on June 30th 2016. There is a new edition that covers the new 220-901/902 tests. More information on the new tests here: https://certification.comptia.org/certi ... -a-900-faq

Thanks, Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS