Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: what the heck about these updates for windows 7
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:34 pm 

http://www.computerworld.com/article/31 ... ching.html

am I right is windows 7 going to auto update like windows 10 does?

Scott can you tell me what is going on here with the windows updates. I don't understand what they are saying?

and if it does do you know which ones not to install and which ones to install to be safe.

thanks.
spiderman

what is going on with windows 7 updates is it going to be like windows 10 force the updates in windows 7 if you like it or not

here is another link I just found out about

http://www.computerworld.com/article/31 ... ows-7.html

what are your thoughts about the 10/11/2016 for windows 7 pro. Are we moving to APPLE COMPUTERS NOW?

I have software that I use on windows how am I going to use them on a MAC/apple computer or even android or other o/s. like coreldraw x7. What is wrong with Microsoft are they really that sick in the head. I think they need to be put in a hospital and need some pro-help.

Post subject: Re: what the heck about these updates for windows 7
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:34 am 
Site Admin

The updates are now going to be cumulative, which means each month you get one file to install containing many individual updates. The main difference from before is that you can't pick which one of the individual updates to install (or to not install), you have to install them all as a group.

In the past, if one of the updates caused problems you could uninstall it (or not install it) individually. With the new system you would have to uninstall (or not install) the entire pack of updates for that month. I believe this is a bad idea, but Microsoft seems to be full of those lately. ;) Scott.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm 

Have you done the windows updates for this month Scott. How is it working for you. Any bad updates. I about to go and buy a apple computer I'm about to give up. I don't understand why Microsoft have to be Micro-buttholes. and doing this way. Just going to make people not to buy pc's anymore or windows anymore. and making them move to apple/mac computers and etc.

I don't know if I will do the windows updates because I don't want my computer to be mess up. I don't want new drivers to be install on my computer why fix something that is not broken in the first place.

I'm about to take this T420 thinkpad offline and put my desktop computer online with windows xp and see how Microsoft likes that. hahahah ....

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:34 pm 

Scott wrote:
The updates are now going to be cumulative, which means each month you get one file to install containing many individual updates. The main difference from before is that you can't pick which one of the individual updates to install (or to not install), you have to install them all as a group.

In the past, if one of the updates caused problems you could uninstall it (or not install it) individually. With the new system you would have to uninstall (or not install) the entire pack of updates for that month. I believe this is a bad idea, but Microsoft seems to be full of those lately. ;) Scott.

[color=#80FF00]

After I do the windows updates will I be able to control weather or not I want to download install the windows updates in windows 7 pro thinkpad T420

[/color]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

You can turn off automatic updates, which will allow you to decide whether or not you want to install the cumulative updates each month. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS