Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: windows vista baisc windows updates hangs
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 am 

I am trying to do the windows update but it hangs and takes a long time. I let it ran for hours like over night and still no new updates. When I first reinstall windows vista and then install sp1 then I did start to do the windows update everything was fine until windows sp2 got install then it hang and takes hours and hours and but I also notice that about 3 of them fail on me. I also try kb3020369 the kb3177467 kb3172605 and say these are not for my system. So I don't know how to install them. What else should I do I also check to see if I had any of these also known as bad updates maybe kb973687 kb973565 kb974318.

I don't know what else to do I have look all over Microsoft for an answer. even if I did do a clean install again it will do the same thing all over again. damn you microsoft bunch of morons... Who the heck wants windows 10..... Windows vista and windows 7 and windows xp do just fine... Microsoft I hope you read this please PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BUTTS.

So what do you think I should do now I just want to get all the updates i can so I can use my dell laptop computer until I get a copy of windows 7 basic I think it will run fine on that. I don't really care if it run a little slow. Buit not like windows updates that takes days to update what the FFFFFFFFFF Micosoft bad command or morons.

help ASAP......

Post subject: Re: windows vista baisc windows updates hangs
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

You could use Autopatcher to download and install all of the updates for Vista or just about any other version of Windows. Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:22 pm 

Scott wrote:
You could use Autopatcher to download and install all of the updates for Vista or just about any other version of Windows. Scott.

I can't get it to work it seems to me that they don't support windows vista anymore. only windows 8.1 32bit and windows 7 32bit..

What else can I do to get the windows update for vista. I am lost..

I have look and look all day yesterday and days before posting and no luck. there must be a way or what should I do I also have clear the windows update history and so on. to see if I can get rid of the bad update install that might be causing windows update to hang. I don't know if you know which ones are bad would you that I should uninstall.
I really do like this dell laptop over the T420. Would you know what the system requirements are for windows 7 basic or windows 7 home and windows 7 pro..

I am getting little concern about what is causing the windows updates to hang. I never ran into this before in windows vista. I have install the sp1 from the cd I made and then I let windows update run and it was able to install a few updates and then it download and install windows sp2 and then all hell broke loose now windows update hang. What should I do now. I hope you got another fix for this because I would like to be able to fix other people computers if I ever ran into this again.

thanks. the autopatcher seems to not support windows vista. Maybe you know something I don't know..

sad.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
I can't get it to work it seems to me that they don't support windows vista anymore...

Vista is supported, the last Autopatcher for Vista update was done April 14th 2017: http://www.autopatcher.net/forum/viewto ... 4&start=40

Also see this: http://www.autopatcher.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=1438

Let me know how it works, Scott.

Post subject: windows vista baisc windows updates hangs part 2
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 am 

I have got windows update working again after I did the autopatch thanks. Now can I remove the autopatch from my computer now and delete the download file. or will by removing the autopatch software will that cause something to now to work. and can I also remove the windows powershell that autopatch install on my windows start menu or will that cause something bad if removed.

I am going to use this windows vista for a little bit until I install windows 7 home basic or windows 7 pro 32bit on here. I do really like this dell E51505 inspiron laptop computer compare to the T420 thinkpad.

just because it has a bigger screen and don't have that mouse button in the middle of the keyboard it get in the way of typing lol....

Now I have to update my antivirus software to the new version that another ball of wax lol.
agian thanks for the help.

it took me most of the night to do the installs on this laptop now going to bed lol

Post subject: Autopatcher
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 am 

I can I remove the autopatcher from my computer...

I have not got a reply from you yet.........

thanks.

that did work not I am able to get all the updates now.

but I really don't want to have that autopatcher on my computer anymore and the powershell as well and I want to know if it is safe to delete them.

Post subject: Re: Autopatcher
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

If you no longer need Autopatcher I'm sure you can remove it. Scott.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:18 pm 

Scott wrote:
If you no longer need Autopatcher I'm sure you can remove it. Scott.

Ok I have remove it and it seems to be working now like it should. I wondering what cause the windows update to hang like that.

will I guess I also should tell you I do still have a little video card problem nothing to big it just times it will display lines in the screen and sometimes it turns white and grey. all I have to do is restart the computer and been working like it should now. and it still boots up just fine from a cool boot.

About this T420 on the T420s what do that S stand for?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

spiderman wrote:
Ok I have remove it and it seems to be working now like it should. I wondering what cause the windows update to hang like that.

You'll have to ask Microsoft. Let me know what they tell you. <g>

Quote:
I guess I also should tell you I do still have a little video card problem nothing to big it just times it will display lines in the screen and sometimes it turns white and grey...

That sounds like a hardware problem. Replacement of the affected components would be the only option in that case.

Quote:
About this T420 on the T420s what do that S stand for?

Let me Google that for you

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS