Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: windows 10 pro 64bit scott help
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 pm 

I have a problem scott and I never seen this before on my T420 laptop with windows 7 pro but on my new laptop I see that the DVD drive keeps on shutting down here are the screen shots I also remove the lenovo updated software and the lenovo bridge and I can't find the missing .dll file in that dir that is in the screen shot have you seen this on your T520 thinkpad

Attachments:
dvd drive keep on shutting off.PNG
dvd drive keep on shutting off.PNG [ 6.73 KiB | Viewed 97 times ]
why is this turing off for.PNG
why is this turing off for.PNG [ 3.53 KiB | Viewed 97 times ]
 Post subject: Re: windows 10 pro 64bit scott help
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:34 am 

I found a fix to this in the regedit. I found out that the lenovo power manger is no longer install on windows 10 how ever the lenovo vantage in the winndows store will be able to check the health of the battery but it will no longer support the power off the dvd drive there used to be a power botton that you could turn off a off but when I did a install a clean refresh copy of windows 10 windows 10 want to be a butthole and turn off the dvd drive and I found that if I go into the regedit and change the 1 to the 0 then now the dvd drive stays on. I am not going to post the regedit hack on here cause if someone don't know what they are doing they can really mess up thier computer and there computer hardware.

PS
I also fix the other stuff that i was waiting for an answer from you like the trim I found that the optimizer it in face the trim command for the SSD just like you would defrag.

all is good with the T530 if I run into something else you will hear from me but this is a new computer T530 nice and fast with usb 3.0 two pors and one 2.0 and a yellow I think that usb port is for umm mabe a changer port for smart phones and tablets if I am right you buy me supper lol <G

that top screen shot that say rundll I can't find that dir should I be worry about that.. why would that be missing?

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS