Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration

Post subject: upload speed 0Mbps
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 pm 

have anyone else had this issue or having this issue with speedtest.net

I have test my speed on speedtest.net and centurylink and both i get 0 Mbps upload speed

here is a screen shot

I have talk to centurylink about this twice now and they are sending someone out to check the line.

Attachments:
centurylink speed test 10 15 2019.PNG
centurylink speed test 10 15 2019.PNG [ 33.36 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]
 Post subject: Re: upload speed 0Mbps
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

I guess it sucks to be you. <g> Let me know if you figure out the cause/solution. Scott.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:07 pm 

Scott wrote:
I guess it sucks to be you. <g> Let me know if you figure out the cause/solution. Scott.

that was not very nice :? :(

this is what I am getting and I can't find any other help on this issue

there been two techs that came out and this has not been solve yet of the 0.0 mbps upload speed and i Your Internet connection is still unstable and dispatch is required to resolve the problem. Please click Continue.

I talk to centurylink and they had two tech guys out here and the download and upload speed work for the 1st tech on his computer but the upload speed don't work for me still say 0Mbps and I can't find any other information or help on how to fix this. and the last tech don't know much about computers. right now I only have my windows 7 pro 64bit thinkpad t420 lenovo and this is the laptop computer that keep on getting no upload speed. even tho I can upload stuff but it seems a slow upload stuff. and what I am paying for is 12Mbps download speed and the upload speed should be 896kb. and I know I won't get that but the upload speed should be faster then 0Mbps I also did some windows updates and install the newer drivers for the networking card though windows updates. and I also check to see if there was any new updates on the lenovo website. Is there a driver or a update that could be messing up the upload speed.

thanks.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:44 pm 

Scott wrote:

I found what what the cause.

and now I have to what settings has change.

that part scott really upsets me when you said that it sucks to be you. just like giving me the middle finger.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:32 am 

Scott wrote:

Hey Scott it sucks to be you TOOO
I found out what was the cause of it and for some reason my antivirus software part in my vipre Advanced security when the web filter is turn on by default is that when I get the 0Mbps upload speed when I turn off the web filter then it works like it should I never had and problems before with this. all I can say it could have a bug in the vipre Advanced security. I guess I can make a report on it and send it to them and see if it has a known bug with the web filter.

Nothing is safe now days and they don't make software like the used to 25 years ago lol.
Even Linux has viruses and malware and ransomware had got bugs in the o/s just like windows 10.

Do you remember the good old days of BBS......
and the good old days of 2400 bond and higher modems... I do miss the modem sounds.

later...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

The "sucks to be you" was intended as a joke, which I guess didn't transmit well via the written word (sorry). Thanks for posting the solution, but this is just another example of why I don't run antivirus software, it is more often the cause than the cure. Scott.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:48 pm 

Scott wrote:
The "sucks to be you" was intended as a joke, which I guess didn't transmit well via the written word (sorry). Thanks for posting the solution, but this is just another example of why I don't run antivirus software, it is more often the cause than the cure. Scott.

I been using vipre of years now and I never had this happen before. but i think i know what was the cause of it it was not the vipre it was one of the windows updates that microsoft that release that screw it up. so I have to uninstall the vipre and reinstall it and it should fix it..

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration