Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration

Post subject: Networking a printer
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 am 

I am trying to network my HP Photosmart PSC 1510 all-in-one printer so that I can use it with my notebook and two desktop PCs. The printer is shared with all my PCs, but still refuses to print. I check the print queue when I print a document and it says "Print Spooling" but then, a few seconds later it says "Error-Printer busy or error." the power light on the printer was not blinking, so I know it was not busy, and no error was displayed (besides the one in the print queue). Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Networking a printer
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Make sure that the printer is working properly before sharing it on the network. Connect it to the system that will be the print server, install the latest drivers, then insure that the printer works properly. Once proper installation and operation is verified, then share the printer on the network, using the following instructions for either Windows XP or Vista.

Note that Microsoft indicates there can be problems printing to a shared printer after you install Windows Live OneCare. Finally, note that HP lists some specific problems you might experience with that printer when shared on a network. Check to be sure that none of these problems are affecting your installation. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration