[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs Forum • View topic - Can I just delete the workgroup I created?
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration

Post subject: Can I just delete the workgroup I created?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 pm 

Hi Scott,

I had a basic wireless home network set up at our house. There was no workgroup set up, we weren't sharing folders or printers or anything like that. My desktop computer connected through a wired connection to the wireless router (which is connected to the cable modem). Our two laptops were setup to connect automatically to the wireless router even though it isn't broadcasting (using WPA2 and a 63-digit key).
The other day I thought I would try to allow my laptop to share the printer with my desktop. I used the Network Setup Wizard in WinXP. I gave the workgroup the same name I had previously given the wireless network. I got my XP desktop and Vista laptop set up just fine so that the laptop could share the printer and each computer could see files in the shared documents folder.
My wife tried to connect to the wireless network with her laptop tonight and she can't access it--I'm assuming because her computer isn't set up as part of the workgroup. Rather than set her computer up on the workgroup, I would like to just delete the whole workgroup (since it really isn't benefitting me all that much) and go back to the way I had things (where any computer with the network key could connect to the wireless network--without being a part of the workgroup).
If I just delete the workgroup, will things go back to the way they were or is it more complicated than that?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks... -Brad

Post subject: Re: Can I just delete the workgroup I created?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Can I just delete the workgroup I created?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:14 pm 

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration