Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration

Post subject: Mountain internet problem.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:13 am 

Basicly the internet company has one T1 connection for over 300 to 400 People. What I heard is it only should be use for 200 people of less.

If me and my dad played absolutepoker online we would be lagging day time. Even if no one playing but 1 person in my house.

We should be getting 110kbps. We get that in this area only useing there test. Once you test it to the next server. It down to 40kbps. Basicly it dialup speed. Something we did not pay for.

We want DSL so prices are lower and speeds are faster. But the problem is there has to be so many people in the area. Right now it wireless $49 for so many hours then they charge you. Or cable internet for $49 and you get what you pay for. Pay for high end you get dial up.

I stay online at night so my connection is fast. Day time It slower then dial up.

In this area we have 10,000 people total. About 5,000 in fraz. and 5,000 in pmc. Distance wise it wide. So No DSL would touch this area.

What can we do to force the internet company fix there problems.

I will post test speeds give urls later of noted problems.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:17 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure you can "force" them to do anything but live up to the wording in their contract, and you'll need to hire a lawyer to do that.

I'd start by complaining to the company, perhaps they can explain their service in more detail (there might be fine print in the contract), or fix any problems that might exist.

Other than that, I'd recommend investigating all of your alternatives, and choose the best one that fits your needs. Let me know the results of your investigations, and which service you choose in the end. Scott.

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Network Hardware & Configuration