Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS

Post subject: this is about windows 10 in the year 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:56 pm 

I was wondering if windows in your own mine is it now more stable ever before. Even tho about that this spring update was a little buggy and Microsoft held and fix that update. I know about the routers VPNfilter malware. How much do you trust windows 10 now as of 2018. This is a network question. Does any of the newer centurylink dsl modem with a built in router can those get VPNfilter malware.

The one thing that I can't find and it is bugging me is how in the heck can you find malware on a router.

I wish there was some kind of a malware software that can scan a router and clean up that malware.

one more thing since you all ready talk me into the lenovo thinkpad T models what would be a good model to get with windows 10 all ready install.
Right now I have the thinkpad T420. I just don't want to take out the time to replace the cpu and waste money on memory at 89.00 per stick at busy buy for DDR3. I might as well put the money into a newer laptop computer with windows 10 pro 64bit. I wondering when are they going to the 96bit o/s

I know that windows 10 use lot let system resource then windows 7 does.

I am not sure is windows 10 pro still free or not.

Post subject: Re: this is about windows 10 in the year 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

I still recommend the ThinkPad T series. While I still use Windows 7, Windows 10 can be made to work well for most people by disabling telemetry and configuring it for a more "classic" look and feel. Let me know if you can still find Win10 for free. Scott.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 am 

Scott wrote:
While I still use Windows 7, Windows 10 can be made to work well for most people by disabling telemetry and configuring it for a more "classic" look and feel.

No offense, Scott, but as of December 2017, Classic Shell was no longer being actively developed. Has someone picked up where the original guy left off?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Does it not work for you? If that is the case let me know what better or more functional replacement you have found. Scott.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:14 am 

Scott wrote:
Does it not work for you?

Well, Scott, I have an HP EliteBook 2540p laptop that did have a Windows 10 Professional installation when my dad bought it via eBay in December 2016. I eventually replaced the Windows 10 installation with a Windows 7 Professional installation, but not before trying Classic Shell with Windows 10 and writing down the Windows 10 product key for the laptop in question. I can't say that I didn't like Classic Shell, but the original Classic Shell guy has said, "Windows 10 is being updated way too frequently (twice a year) and each new version changes something that breaks Classic Shell."

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

It looks like there is at least one fork: https://gitq.com/passionate-coder/Class ... ssic-start

Board index » Upgrading and Repairing Forum » Windows OS